Call or e-mail today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation right in your home. We come to you.
Phone: (240) 675-7068
Perhaps your Mom insists she can take care of herself. She is able to bathe, maintain good hygiene and dress herself. She gets around pretty well, but you notice her laundry piles up, her house is a little more unkempt than it used to be or she isn't cooking for herself much. Or, perhaps, she does great in her home but struggles with driving.
Our lives, especially as we age, are successful when we achieve a good balance of productivity, leisure and self-care. Maybe you want a companion to help Mom with the more productive aspects of life— assist her in the garden, help with household chores and cooking, or keep her mind active with reading and games. Sometimes, as we age, we forget that we can still have fun. Mom may isolate herself from friends and family because she is not sure how to handle the aging process or she is afraid to ask for help.
Let one of our companions drive her to church or social outings, or just be a friend who wants to listen and help Mom see all the great things that come with older age. Even if Mom is pretty good about taking care of herself, perhaps she needs reminders to take her medication, a little help drawing a bath, someone to assist with errands or a companion at appointments. Our team members are here for that, too.
Some services provided by a Companion Caregiver:
- Light Housekeeping (making beds, taking out the trash, wiping counters, etc.)
- Running Errands
- Light Pet Care (feeding, letting out, etc.)
- Transportation to appointments, social gatherings, community events, etc.
- Monitoring the home (ensuring a safe environment for occupants)
- Safety supervision while performing daily tasks
- Cognitive stimulation (reading aloud, cognitive games, helping with hobbies, etc.)
- Socialization (listen, engage, encourage participation in community events and become a friend)
- Physical well-being (go for walks, encourage appropriate movement)
- Assistance with technology
Call us today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation right in your home. We will listen to your needs, concerns and answer any questions you may have about your loved one's care, as well as tell you how we can serve you. Then, with the help of our Registered Nurse, we will work to develop a care plan that fits not only your loved one's needs, but also your expectations for care.